Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sorcerer's Legacy

Sorcerer's LegacySorcerer's Legacy by Janny Wurts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
[Note: This review was originally written in July 2009.]

A very quick read and worth even more time than it takes to get to the final page. "Sorcerer's Legacy" stands as an impressive first foray as an author. Janny Wurts possesses a beautifully broad vocabulary that lends itself well to the telling of this (or any other) tale. The duel between two sorcerers in chapter nine is particularly impressive as an example of immersing your audience in the moment -- I was almost afraid to take my eyes from the page for fear of seeing a magical battle raging in the room with me.

Janny - I know you're out there, so here's what I really think: "Sorcerer's Legacy" is a GREAT book of wizardry, court intrigue, love, and tragedy (in spite of the "ho-hum" artwork on this particular edition). I was disappointed in the fact that I didn't discover you as an author until quite recently, and now I will have to make an effort to catch up. Thank you for this thoroughly enjoyable experience, and I look forward to reading more of your work in the future... as soon as real life allows...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

tHP's Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors